The Best HDMI To VGA Adapters In 2020
For most displays, the universal standard is HDMI. However, there are still many monitors, projectors and televisions that require VGA inputs. Since HDMI is increasingly becoming a common port in every standard laptop or PC to reduce the cost, most manufacturers have started to omit VGA from their devices. However, once in a while we still have to connect our TVs, laptops or monitors to those old projectors that need an insignia HDMI to VGA converter. This means HDMI to VGA converters are very useful to have around. However, since HDMI is protected by a system known as HDPC, it’s a more difficult conversion to make. Thankfully, there are some systems that will allow you to view an HDMI through a VGA to HDMI adapter source.
Are you looking for a great HDMI to VGA adapter bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying HDMI to VGA adapters, please click here.
How an HDMI to VGA adapter works
An HDMI to VGA adapter may be the cheapest way that you can use to connect your HDMI signal to VGA connection in an older display. Although an HDMI can send a video and audio signal, through the same cable, the VGA can only be able to accept the video signal. This means if you are looking for both video and audio, you also need to buy one that has a USB or an audio cable with audio capability as well. It’s, also very important to note that moving between VGA and HDMI technology may make you experience a loss of quality. This means, if your machine is faced with a higher resolution of HDMI signal, it’s likely to be hampered by the lower resolution of VGA. In addition to this analogue VGA, signals are likely to experience a loss in quality depending on what the cables are made of.
As compared to a passive, adapter, an active adapter might fail to work. For it to work well, you will have to purchase two different converters. Thankfully, several tools can still enable you to plug in both HDMI and VGA and get both displays at the same time. Although you may not be able to get HDMI to VGA or VGA to HDMI function, it will save you a lot of money especially if you have purchase two different adapters. Overall, since the analog signal is at a higher level, running a VGA signal directly on HDMI may end up damaging it. Secondly, while HDMI contains both video and audio channels, VGA only has video channels.
More information about HDMI to VGA converter
Plug the connector into HDMI port of your computer then connect the VGA connector to VGA cable. Connect the other end of your VGA cable to your displays such as TV, monitor, and projector. Turn on the computer or any other display then choose the VGA signal source of display. If needed, plug one end of the USB to USB cable into one of the USB ports and then connect the other end to the adapters micro USB power port. While doing this, you need to ensure that
• All your connections are secure.
• Your display and computer are turned on.
• You have chosen the VGA output on your machine.
How to use your VGA monitor on HDMI laptop
All though the rusty old VGA interface is on its way out, there are some guys who are still using it for their monitor connections, computers, and even newer laptops. If you buy a new computer now, you’ll realise that it lacks a vga monitor port. Although connecting it to the projector is a little bit hard, there are several HDMI to VGA adapters that when connected well will work. Apart from their simplicities, they just need you to plug and play, and you are good to go. You will just need to plug it into the HDMI port and also plug the VGA cable into its port before choosing your desired settings.
How to use HDMI to VGA adapter
In terms of TVs, computers, and laptops, the world of technology is nowadays based on high definition. This means you will not only enjoy an interesting watch but also a level of brightness and contrast that’s suitable for enjoying your favourite series, videos, and movies. However, since some devices are not compatible with each other, you will need an HDMI to VGA adapter to be able to make a good connection. Thankfully, since there is a huge variety of adapters in the market, choosing the best one is very easy. Here is how to use the best HDMI to VGA converter cable correctly.
Unpack the HDMI to VGA adapter
Unpack it from the HDMI converter box. This step simply means removing the adapter from the box that it has come with together with the instruction manual while checking that everything is in place. This way, you’ll be able to use it properly.
Read the instruction manual. Before getting your HDMI to VGA connector, it’s very important to go through the instruction manual. This will allow you to confirm all the instructions steps that you need to follow for the correct connection to happen. It’s also important to consider all the recommendations provided by the manufacturer to avoid any kind of incident while using it.
Proceed with the connection. Since you need to enjoy a good image quality, now is the time to use the adapter correctly. After unpacking it, the first thing that you need to do is to place the corresponding entry into the computer and enter the connection port of the same. You also need to disconnect the VGA cable found in the computer and later on introduce it well to achieve a successful connection. However, you must note that some adapters will provide you with a chance to connect two screens at a go.
Make sure that everything is in order. After connecting the converter well, it’s important to verify that everything is ok to enable you to enjoy a clear image. For this to happen, the VGA cable must be properly connected to the adapter to make a little pressure when it comes to making the connection. It’s also important to proceed to verify the safety of both sides. Once you’ve verified that everything is in the order, you’ll be able to enjoy a very different unique image quality that you used to before. Once you know this how to connect VGA to HDMI also becomes easy.
Three major reasons why you always need to carry an HDMI to VGA converter cable
One of the most common types of ports was the VGA output. This kind allowed you to connect an analog monitor to other TV monitors. At the coming of HDTV, VGA was used to offer high-quality pictures through an HD12 connector. But as technology advanced, new solutions came up. The result of this was an av to HDMI converter cable and the HDMI port which allows for better coloration and pixilation. While most new computers come with HDMI components, this does not mean that a device that was created by vgs capabilities is now obsolete. Through the use of an HDMI to VGA adapter, it’s possible to connect your old monitor to a newer display. Depending on the kind of device that you have, an HDMI to VGA converter with audio can be used for several ways. Here are some of the reasons why you need to carry HDMI converter to VGA.
1. For gaming
Since displays and graphics have gotten better, some gamings have just gotten out of fashion. However, this does not mean that you can no longer enjoy the games that you used to play. Since consoles will require an adapter to connect to older displays, you need a different adapter to play the games. Once you have known the type of HDMI to VGA adapter that you should know the specifics of both your display and console to ensure that the resolution is compatible.
2. For older displays
If you have an older TV and monitor and you would wish to connect it to your computer, there are chances that you’ll need the best HDMI to VGA adapter. However, when working with older devices, it’s important to check the compatibility of the device. This is especially true when it comes to the resolution since you may experience a lag when editing videos or when gaming. You also need to know that colour changes spaces between HDMI and VGA are different. Even if you are using a quality avi to HDMI converter, the images may still not look as if they are coming from your computer.
3. For video editing and older projectors
Although projectors are no longer common and most laptops no longer come with VGA as a connection option, it’s still possible to transmit pictures from your computer to projector with an adapter. Since most projectors were designed with older cameras in mind, an HDMI to VGA adapter will come in handy when you need to use your old projectors or when you’d like to save some cash by avoiding additional purchases. You may be asking yourself where can I buy HDMI converter. Well, although there is a variety of converters, the best HDMI to VGA converter generally depends on your preference.
Check out today’s top 10, HDMI to VGA adapter deals below…
Top 8 tips when buying the best HDMI to VGA adapter
• Intended use. When it comes to buying an HDMI to VGA adapter you need to know the intended use that you want to put it into. This means, thinking about which spaces and how often you are planning to use it. Since there are different types of adapters, considering your intended use is very important.
• Compatibility. You also need to confirm the compatibility of your adapter. To confirm this, you need to read the manual and check out the manufacturer’s instructions. This way, you’ll know whether your HDMI to VGA adapter is suitable for the kind of device that you have.
• Connecters. Nowadays there are Samsung HDMI VGA adapter and apple HDMI VGA adapter that provide more connections than just an HDMI and VGA ports. For instance, it’s possible to find adapters that have DVI connections or even 3.5 mm jack plugs. Others may even come with multiple connection capabilities.
• 4K connections. Although many buyers often overlook this aspect, it’s always very important. Since some adapters support 4K connections, you need to consider this to enjoy a higher image quality. So if you are looking to play 4k videos ensure that your HDMI to VGA adapter supports this.
• Cables. Cables are also one of the most important aspects that you have to consider when shopping or the best USB powered HDMI to VGA converter. Among the things that you need to consider include the length of the cable, thickness, resistance, and flexibility. Also, you must consider whether the adapter has 3.5mm jack or not. If that’s the case, you must buy a cable for this.
• Design. When it comes to looking or the best HDMI to VGA monitor adapter, several designs are in the market. From others that are of considerable size to models that are quite compact, there are a variety of designs that you can choose from. For instance, if you are constantly carrying your adapter with you, then the best option is a lighter model.
• Quality of the materials. If you want to ensure that your best HDMI to VGA adapter 1080p provides you with the best service, then you should not overlook this feature. Apart from the endurance of the materials, you also need to check their quality. Further, if you choose the ones with gold tips, you’ll be able to enjoy an image that has higher degree accuracy and sharpness than the regular mini HDMI to VGA cable. Some of the best adapters currently in the market HDMI to VGA adapter with sound includes HDMI to VGA adapter with power and audio, HDMI to VGA adapter with audio output, and micro HDMI to VGA converter.
• Budget. Above all, you need to consider your budget. That’s how much you are willing to spend on your HDMI to VGA adapter price. Although there are cheap quality HDMI to VGA adapters near me in the market, the more money, you are willing to spend the more the number of features that you’ll enjoy. So, set aside what you are willing to spend then go out and look for the best male HDMI to VGA adapter, the best cheap HDMI to VGA adapter or male to male HDMI to VGA adapter.
Although technology has greatly improved in the recent past, HDMI to VGA adapters is still so much in use. If you are shopping for the best one, it’s recommended that you put any that you’ve chosen in the basket so that you can review later.