The Best Wall Mounted Electric Fires In 2021
Whether you have a modern home or older property, wall mounted electric fires are increasingly becoming more popular. Like traditional fireplaces, they can be run with a normal 120V electrical outlet. However, as compared to the traditional electric fireplace mantels, wall hung electric fires will make any room appear bigger. Since they can directly be inserted or mounted into any wall, they won’t take up valuable wall floor space. Available in a wide range of horizontal and vertical designs, these fires can be used to heat up to 400 square feet of space.
Are you looking for a great wall mounted electric fire bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying a wall mounted electric fire, please click here.
Benefits of wall mounted electric fireplaces
• Four season enjoyment. The ambience of wall mounted electric fires allows them to be enjoyed with or without heat. This means you can enjoy a beautiful electric fireplace in the warmest months or use them to supply heat during the cold season.
• Custom options. Besides their sleek designs, wall mounted electric fires B&Q can also come with a range of flame bed options and custom flame effects colours including glass, traditional logs, or choice of decorative fills. Also, some units have attractive side lights to offer a unique ambience.
• A range of sizes and styles. Slimline wall mounted electric fires also come in a wide range of styles, sizes, and prices. From simple and small units to grand showcase products, there are several options that one can choose from.
• They only heat the rooms that you like Since they supply heat for up to 400 square feet, you can employ a strategy known as heating zone strategy to enable you to keep the overall thermostat at low temperature and only heat the rooms that you are like using.
• They have improved safety. As compared to the coal or gas fireplaces, they provide an enhanced lighting and safety. Since they do not burn any fuel it, Dimplex wall mounted electric fires will not pollute the environment. By using them, you can rest assured that you are not affecting the environment.
• They will save you a lot of money. Unlike the gas or the traditional open fireplaces, you’ll be saving a lot of money when using them. Plus, just like other forms of fires, you will enjoy just as much heat. Because it’s not must to have a gas supply you can always install them anywhere. Whether you have an office, house, apartment or pub you can install white wall mounted electric fires anywhere.
• You will not require a hole in the wall or chimney. Since these fireplaces are very versatile, they need a very small space. More so, they can be moved from one room to another depending on your preferences.
• Longevity. Designer wall mounted elected fires, or cheap wall mounted electric fires also last surprisingly long. Unlike other fireplaces and heaters, they are not susceptible to issues such as rust and corrosion. Even after several years of using them, they still have the potential of working as if they are still new.
• Installation is easy. Since installing them is very easy, you don’t have to fret about doing heavy remodelling or removing some part of the wall. In most instances, you just plug in the device and leave it against the wall. This means whether your apartment is small or big, you can still enjoy using them.
How wall mounted electric fires work
To produce heat, curved wall mounted electric fires use metal coils to change electricity into heat. They are also integrated with a fan to blow the heat from the element into the room. The only parts that become hot during the prices are the coils. Since they do not transfer the heat into the casing, they are very safe. Apart from producing heat they also feature a flame that makes them look like a real fireplace. This kind of flame is normally created using regular or LED light bulbs. This light is then bounced back around the fame using refraction to give the impression of live flame.
Caring for your wall mounted electric fires
It’s obvious that taking care of led wall mounted fire is quite easier as compared to the traditional fireplace. However, this does not mean that no maintenance is involved. Before you start the maintenance process,ss you need to ensure that it’s turned off and unplugged. Also, check the wiring to make sure that everything is secure. Since there is no ashes to shovel out, no dust to wipe or any other such maintenance procedures, the only kind maintenance that they will require is changing the light bulb.
Before changing the bulb, you need to make sure that it’s turned off and cool to touch. Allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before changing the bulb. Since the light bulbs are located at the back of the fireplace, you can always access them by opening the back panel. The panels are held with screwed; hence, you need to have a screwdriver to open them. Depending on the model, some even come with an extra bulb hence you’ll not have to buy any new one.
Maintaining the outside
Just like the inside caring for the outside part of a cream wall mounted electric fire or flush wall mounted electric fires is equally simple. If you have a fireplace TV stand, make sure the wood pieces are dust free and lint. To clean the glass, use a dampened cloth to wipe out any dust particles that may have accumulated. However, avoid using any chemicals on the fireplace. This is because they are flammable hence can lead to a disaster when you turn your wall mounted electric fires on again.
Cleaning the fan
With a clean fan, your mirrored wall mounted fire will continue to work efficiently, especially when you depend on it to provide extra heat. Thankfully, most electric fans and fireplace motors have been pre-lubricated to assemble hence will require your attention. However, it’s very important to check out the rotation to ensure that it spins with a lot of ease. You can then use a small brush or wand nozzle to clean any dust. You also need to detach the grill and gently clean it to remove any hair or dust that might have collected there. Finally, you should do the same with the blades. Throughout the entire cleaning process, make sure that your unit is unplugged.
Safety tips for owning the best wall mounted electric fire.
• Since the heating element will be hot when it’s on do not touch it or leave small children around.
• You should also ensure that pets and people with disabilities are not left around when it’s on.
• Make sure you keep it away from drapery or upholstered furniture.
• You should avoid installing electric fireplaces inside the bathroom or anywhere where that’s damp. You should also avoid having any liquid or water next to it in case you have one with mantle you need to avoid using the mantle to rest drinks on or places vases of flowers.
• Do not block the ventilation system. The air should be able to move freely in and out of the fireplace.
• When it’s not being used, always remember to unplug it. Also, never plug it into an outlet that malfunctions or that are damaged.
Mistakes to avoid when installing wall mounted electric fires
When install wall mounted electric fireplaces here are some of the mistakes that you need to avoid.
Cutting into the dry wall
Although all a flat wall mounted electric fire gives the impression that they’ve been inserted into the wall, almost all the models simply recess into the surrounding environment. Before attempting to install, it’s very important to carefully go through the instructions.
Choosing the wrong model
If you are staying in a temporary residence such as an apartment or condo, ensure that you go for a model that can simply be plugged in. Unless you are looking for a permanent solution, you should avoid any model that needs serious wiring into your current electrical system. Ensure that the wall has a standard outlet at the ideal height.
Purchasing Gel model by mistake
There are some modern wall mounted fires that are electric and combo gel fireplaces. If you are buying your fireplace, be careful, and check whether you need to light gel for your fire to light. While the gel can provide more realistic looking flame, there are others that don’t need any flame at all.
Not selecting the right size
This is perhaps one of the most common mistakes. You need to avoid choosing vertical wall mounted electric fires that are either too small or too large for the space that you have.
Not disconnecting electricity while installing.
If you are installing the best wall mounted fireplace, it’s very important to disconnect the electricity before you begin. Failing to do so will leave you and your family at risk. To be sure that everything is done well, hire professional to do it for you.
Leaving air spaces
The mounted electric fireplace that you install should be properly attached to all the parts of the wall. In case it’s not you are likely to end up with fire hazard or damage. Before doing anything, make sure you read all the instructions to ensure that you have everything the way they are supposed to be done.
Check out today’s top 10, wall mounted electric fire deals below…
How to install a wall mounted electric fire
Choose the fireplace. First, it’s very important to select the fireplace that will suit your needs. Make sure that the contemporary wall mounted electric fireplace can be attached without any problems. Although there are several sizes that you can choose from, they normally perform the same function.
Examine the condition of the wall. To avoid the hectic work of wiring, the indoor wall mounted fireplace that you choose should just be connected to the surrounding plate of the wall. You, therefore, need to check if there are holes that cannot hold it well. Plus, when you are purchasing your screws, you need to tell the retailer the kind of screws that you have. By buying the best screws, you will not only prevent the mounted electric fires from falling down but also avoid causing any damage to your wall.
Test the fireplace. Before you attach the black wall mounted fireplace onto the wall, you need to test whether it’s working or not. Using the instructions manual, choose an option, and test whether enough heat is coming out of the vents.
Install the wall mounted electric fire. You need to choose the places where you want to install it and drill the holes to the attaching bars. Once it’s firmly attached, you just need to mount it on the mounting hooks on the walls, plug it and put it on. After you are done, ensure that you are not obstructing the flow of heat.
Tips for buying the best wall mounted electric fires
• Where you want to mount it. When it comes to buying the best wall mounted electric fire heaters, you need to know where you are going to place it. You need to ask yourself which room is best suited for the fireplace. Consider all the other elements that are inside the room to ensure that chrome wall mounted fireplace is going to look great and work well.
• The right size. It’s very easy to fall in love with particular wall mounted electric fire without bothering to consider its size. When it comes to wall mounted electric fires, several options are always available. The size can also be a huge factor when it comes to the kind of heat that you need. You, therefore, need to opt for a size that’s not going to make the room too warm or too cold.
• Do you need not heat option? Since there are a variety of electric fireplaces, there is also no heat option. It’s important to consider whether you need the no heat option or not.
• Your budget. When you are looking for a wall mounted electric fires for sale, or decorative wall mounted fireplaces, this is also a very important factor to consider. You need to know the amount of money that you want to spend and see what models can easily fit in your budget. If your budget cannot fit in a particular fireplace that you want, it’s important to wait for a month or two to get something that you need.